About C.T. Hayton Ltd
C.T. Hayton Limited was founded by Chris Hayton, working from his home at Cark in Cartmel near Grange over Sands.
He was an agent for Hadfields fertiliser and Levers cattle foods, the only machinery he sold in those days Lister cream seperators and Nicholson hay making machines (horse drawn).
In the 1930's he sold his first new tractor, an American Case,and when mechanisation came to British farms he was appointed as a David Brown sub dealer to Barton Motors of Preston Lancs.
In 1954 C.T. Hayton became an International Harvester Main Dealer, and in the same year Chris' son Geoff joined the business, after leaving Rycotewood Agricultural Engineering College, and has been at the helm ever since!
In 2003 C.T. Hayton Ltd became a two branch company with the opening of a depot at Westward near Wigton in the north of the county,which has enabled us to become main distributors for Case IH tractors and Landmec-Pottinger Grassland machinery for the whole of Cumbria, and this, added to our area which covers the western Yorkshire Dales, means that we can offer a parts and service backup which is second to none.